.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Three quick suggestions as to how to effectively hit the ground running in your criticism of Ed Stelmach:

Daveberta writes:

After entering Ralph Klein's Cabinet, Stelmach served as Minister of Agriculture from 1997 to 1999,

And did nothing to solve the problem of contaminated feed that a mere 4 years later led to the BSE crisis.

Minister of Infrastructure from 1999 to 2004,

Infrastructure? You mean the nine-billion dollar infrastructure deficit that accumulated during the Klien years? Most of it during the boom?

and Minister of Intergovernment and International Affairs from 2004 to 2006.

Ah, yes, when he was invisible in negotiations on the childcare file, and essentialy, much like Michael Chong, was not the minister responsible, rather the Premier was.

Years of Cabinet experience aside, I seriously cannot name anything that Stelmach did while he was a Cabinet Minister. Can someone help me on this one?

I already named plenty of things he didn't do... I'm lost as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home