.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Friday, October 14, 2005

And Joan Jett sings her bitter song of oppression: I love Rock and Roll.

I finally forced myself to watch the tape of the 'brutal' arrest of the retired schoolteacher in New Orleans. It is worse than advertised.

Once at work I saw a drunk man punch a car and the two officers rush out and bring him to the ground. They did not need to punch him and did not.

The officers in New orleans repeatedly struck this man in the head while his hands were restrained. The mounted officer seemed to have nothing better to do than obscure the view of onlookers. A large officer arriving late on the scene and not having appeared to consult with the officers confronted the onlookers throtleing one against a nearby car.

I am glad we have competent officers in this city but in New Orleans, who will police the police?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home