.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I may illiterate, but I am no liar.

When someone gets their facts wrong, don't call them a liar. Confront them with the fact. If they concede the possibility that they may be wrong. That is enough. If they hang up on you, then you can call them an idiotic Claire Hoy wanna be. (Couldn't resist the dig Terry)

I screwed up my facts on the NDP's position on the War Measures Act in 1970. I thought the NDP voted against on 2nd and for on 3rd. I was wrong They voted for on second and 6 of 22 voted for on third. I made the point that it is sad that Bev Desjarlais was punished more for opposing gay marriage than Ian Deans was punished for opposing habeus corpus and the right to a lawyer.

Oh how the democratic have fallen.

So in response this series of Dipper hacks on the eminently crappy red version of Free Dominion: www.rabble.ca/babble
called me and my erronious statement the following after I had "provisionally withdrawn" my claim of Dipper weak willedness on the WMA:
(Remember this is after I had conceeded the point in the space of minutes.)
"There is a technical term in moral theology to describe a statement like that.
It's called a lie."
"Your position is completely laughable - like that of most Liberal apologists."
"It is demeaning to Babble to post lies and non-facts pulled out of one's anus. "

Classy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home