.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I know I get repetative about this, but she's my dad's MP and he, my sister, and I were a one-parent household for years, so Rona's got this coming:

From the Fiberals:

Rona Ambrose Wrong on Child Care PlanDecember 06, 2005
Today in an interview on CTV’s Canada AM, Conservative child care critic Rona Ambrose, claimed that 90 per cent of Canadian women with children would not benefit from the Liberal government’s plan to build a national child care system:
“You’re not addressing their needs … So we just ignore 90 per cent of women across the country?” (Rona Ambrose, Canada AM, December 6, 2005)
Fact:
According to Statistics Canada, fully 84 per cent of families have parents who are both in the workforce and 70 per cent of women with children under the age of six are employed.
In fact it is the Conservative plan that, after taxes, only offers Canadian parents a mere $19 a week.

Energizing the base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home