.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Friday, December 02, 2005

Rest of Alberta to Will: We ARE a bunch of rich jagoffs, if our heads weren't so far up our own asses we would be blowing Scott Reid.

Scott Reid said while drunk that Alberta can blow him eh?

You see what I did there, it's called a citation it lets the reader know where I got the allegation. Even if I'm dead solid correct I like to put it in so that you the reader have less work to do. It's just one of those things I learned in the Faculty of Arts. Odd, those humanities.

Seriously, our Conservative premier schedules a fall sitting that lasts for 11 DAYS! Graham Thompson gets pissed off and the rest of the province castigates the federal Liberals for their Central Canadian arrogance?! If anything a drunken Grit telling Don Martin what to take and which orifice to put it in is if anything refreshing. I may have to consider voting Liberal in the absence of a PC candidate in Edmonton-Strathcona.

Quoth Diefenbaker's prophet D.O. in a recent radio interview:

"It's hard to feel sympathy for the richest province in the country saying... if those people in Ontario don't vote the way we want than we'll separate."

2 quick points:

1. Western Alienation is right-wing Albertan (not necessarily a redundant term) alienation with the exception of CF-18 and partisan hackery at best.

2. Scott Reid likes to play arrogant evil genius. When the Grits crater in 2010, he'll be welcome in my party anytime, just so long as he's willing to be drunk under the table by an Albertan.

C. The Liberals are running a retired mountie who's pro decriminalisation and patrolled Mayerthorpe, dealing with James Rosko and acutally has the stones to disagree publicly with the Mayerthorpe victims. I don't normally say this, but I'm jealous of the Grits. This guy is a great candidate running against the post-modern face of the Conservative party, Rona Ambrose.

And fourth quarterly: <THUD!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home