.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm not getting away from this no matter how much I want to ignore it so here goes:

I have the right to committ heresy. Some of Western society's ggreatest heros were heretics. Those who had the courage to oppose what they fought wrong without fear to offend. The danger is of course that that rightt may be abused in its exercise, but, as Galileo found out, peer review is not a sufficent principle to determine what is and isn't valid. I would defend to the death the right of these cartoonists to caracature someone who hasn't lived for hundreds of years. Has faith become so fragile that it is nott enough for the pious to be pious? Apparently not.

I don't really get the whole turban of Mohmammed being a bomb thing. It doesn't make sense to me. Many others, but of course One could just as easily put a trigger on W's cross. When faith demands violence it is no longer faith, but that strange mix of fear and hubris. I will insult any religion I please, if I please, even my own, because that is how to most basically assert my free will.

So, take off, eh?

PS: Does this mean we can take Hans Island in jihad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home