.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Now the Democrats are planning to take us too:

Partial Transcript of Jon Stewart talking with Peter Tertzakian, author of, "A Thousand Barrels a Second":

JS: People will find this surprising, but where does the majority, not the majority I should say, but where does the largest percentage of the foreign oil that the united States imports come from?

PT: Comes from Canada.

JS: Now that shocked me when I read that fact I thought that Saudi Arabia or Iran after goin into Iraq.

PT: No, Canada is your lagest suppliier or in the addiction metaphor your pusher I guess (laughter, applause) but in fact, Canada supplies more than twice as much as Saudi Arabia does, and equal to basically the whole Persian Gulf area.

JS: To the United States?

PT: Right

JS: Then why havent we invaded them if I may?

PT: Longest undefended border in the world that's a good question.

JS: I mean we could go up there tonight. Just you and me in my Humscalade and I can get halfway to Winnepeg.

PT: You're right you wouldn't even need to call Tommy Franks.

Meet you in the Diefenbunker. I'll bring the tinfoil hats.

1 Comments:

At 02 March, 2006, Blogger MB said...

Where's the military when you need them....quick! Get those two mounties with lastic knives to paddle their canoe over here!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home