.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

By now, he should know, he's only encouraging me:

Rick Mercer had this to say about delegated conventions:

Go here and click on Rick's Rant for December 5th

I finally was spurred to briefly articulate why I'm in favour of delegated conventions:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Tisdall
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:03:15
To:rick@rickmercer.com
Subject: Delegated Conventions

Rick:

As a delegate to the 2003 PC convention:

First off, every member gets to elect delegates who are sworn to
vote a candidate

Second: If it weren't for delegated conventions:

Claude Wagner would have been opposition leader and possibly prime
minister.

Trudeau would never have been prime minister (most of his core support
was from establishment Liberals)

Peter MacKay would have a shred of credibility left with the Canadian
public (No signed deal, no public humiliation.)

Third, we get the Prime Minister in pretty much the same way.

Last: Where else does a non-prominent citizen get this much opportunity
to practice at public mindedness and politics?

But then, I'm a 23 year old geezer, what do I know?

Thanks,

Sean Tisdall

Rick's verbose reply
:

Sean
All good points geezer.
RM
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Cool... what do I win?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home