.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Friday, June 24, 2005




And yet you didn't see this photo in the National Post did you?

This was posted on Rick Mercer's Blog. Maybe someday I'll post a link to rickmercer.blogspot.com

Nice to see somebody is willing to let you know that Steven Harper, just like Bob, can't catch 1.000. Now do you think it's deliberate image molding by the Post not to show the dropped ball. I'm just saying, all the pro Martin columnists in the Post are already in the cabinet.

Even if only to decry the image-makery of the dropped ball, I would have liked to see the photo in the paper. I'm glad when we humanise our politicians. I know I'm human. I await the inevitable basketball in the face photo should I get a big campaign. Come to think of it, There isn't a summer sport marker that I haven't taken to the head. I've been hit by baseballs, basketballs, footballs, racquetballs, tennisballs, and even had the wind knocked out of me by a shuttle cock.

I just had an even better idea: Show multiple photos. It's not like you were going to put context where the photo would be. I'm just saying Don Martin, it's an option.

Point Number Two:

Now, according to the Post and Melanie Phillips, (No Relation to Shannon, I'm guessing) Le Monde has been carrying out a campaign of anti-semitism in calling the Israeli Government's actions Apartheid. If Melanie is, in reference to an opinion piece entitled Israel-Palestine: The Cancer, stating that any attack on a personal space for Jews is de facto anti-Semitic then I've got a post-modern bridge deconstructing kit I'd like to sell her.

But no, that's not by my reading of the article. Since she draws attention to the articles references to the irony of a state that decrees itself inherently Jewish, apparently, the paper attacks all Jews. However the article is referring, as best as I can tell, to the political class in the state of Israel. Melanie has read the Basic Law correct? The law that forbids a citizen who wishes to stand for public office from questioning the inherent Jewish nature of Israel. I have a lot of problems with a democracy that outlaws a potential for pluralism and I think Le Monde does too.

However, I don't think Melanie has read this section of the Basic Law, for there is no reference to it on her website except in the comment section.

So, to conclude, just because the Triangle Town Gazette writes an attack on the Squaresville government for discriminating against any who question the Quadrilateral nature of Squaresville, doesn't mean that any Squares in Triangle Town need fear reprisals. Those Squares aren't Squaresvillites, and if they wanted to be they wouldn't be in Triangle Town, where, despite the name nobody is discriminated against...

Except the Irish.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home