.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Sunday, November 20, 2005

WOW. Has it been a week an a half? We're verging on Laurie Hawn Territory here, so I bet post all of my partisan crap here.

Quoth fellow PC hack Brian Marlatt:


The House,
We are rushing toward an unwanted and unnecessary Christmas election. It is unwanted because it is Christmas and winter already in many places. It is unnecessary because it serves no one except the opposition parties who place their own ambitions ahead of justice and the people interests and opinions. It is unwanted and unnecessary because justice cannot be served until the second Gomery report is received. It is wanted only by those who desperately want to benefit from a rush to judgement. It is about shallowest of politics and for that reason many are unlikely to vote.
The irony is, it may change nothing. The Liberals, who would now be a majority government except for the sponsorship scandal, will only form a new majority if Canadians are completely disgusted by the Harper crowd. The Reform Conservatives are as unelectable as they were under their earlier names, the Reform Party and the Canadian Alliance. The NDP, which could be a spoiler by taking back NDP seats from the NDP of the right in the West and soft Liberal seats in the East, can influence but can never achieve power. And the Bloc doesn want to be in Canada.
The fact is there isn an alternative to the Liberals any longer.
The only good that can come of the expected unwanted and unnecessary Christmas election is if voters punish the opposition parties enough - Mr. Harper party in particular - so that the work of rebuilding a strong, legitimate, alternative to the Liberals can begin. Change first requires the return of the Tories of Confederation.
Brian Marlatt
White Rock, BC
Progressive Canadian (PC) Party

Well said...ish We need us some classical conservatives back in office. In the last federal election Flora MacDonald voted NDP! Brian Peckford didn't vote! Those of you who knew who neither of them were checked out Wikipedia!

Quoth my leader Tracy Parsons:

No one should have to say: "I'm the sorriest Tory that ever lived, . . . I'm an orphan. I'm so disenfranchised I don't know who to vote for." (Toronto Star)

I hear dark rumours that David Orchard is going Grit. I shudder, not least of all because I promised him my support for this federal election if he got off his combine and ran. Quoth Spider Jereusalem: (Watch out kiddies this could get profane...)




Crap.


There you go, a tory approved cop out

In other political hackery news:

Um. No Liberals have broken down in tears and claimed that they were behind my appearance in the 2004 federal election. Proves nothing, but I'll let you know that thanks to my f2f the most economically put upon figure in the Tisdall campaign is me. After that Patrick Tisdall (My Dad) with 500 Dawn Golding, bookstore clerk with 200, Sherry Lavery, PC nominee in Edm. Mill Woods Beaumont, with 100 as well as Orchardite Jonathan Redekopp, veteran of the 2002 Edmonton convention, with 100, some couple in BC with 100 and a couple in Oliver (114 st and 102 ave... ish who felt guilty enough to give us 25 bucks) these are the people behing my party, the fact that I cant get my expesnes to balance owing to a missing receipt or bank statement is upsetting, but ministers are public servants, not civil servants.

Anne has been invisible since Edmonton lost the SPAR contract. Laurie Hawn has switched to mom and apple pie and why the Grits hate both, and the increasingly shrill William McBeath (Smith, earlier) hates the Globe and Mail even more. (noisefromtheright.blogspot.com)

Things bode even worse for Albertan Liberals. Not so good for real Albertan Tories Either.

Much darkness, less alcohol, more drunken clubbers. I hear something deep fried calling my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home