.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Saturday, February 25, 2006

This is what I get for only paying moderate amounts of attention:

So Edmonton's finest free paper, the Agitprop Weekly has refused to run the latest Bob the Angry Flower cartoon, and I'm not sure why because, it makes fun of the idiotic bomb turban cartoon that supposedly caused so much trouble in the first place. Way to go Vue, you'll stand up for the right of someone to hit an elected official in the face with a pie, but a cartoon lampooning a cartoon about blasphemy, that doesn't attack Judeo Christian faith? That's too damn far. FYI I'm an agnostic at any rate so I'm not offended myself and actually think that maybe there ought to be substantive discussion as opposed to howls of anguish from the post-modernists, liberals, and soft theocrats and hoots of derision from libertarians, classical conservatives, muslim refusniks, and the like, but that's not happening anytime soon is it?

Anyway the whole Vue Weekly thing is kinda ironic considering the only reason that Vue was Publishing Bob in the first place is because See Magazine (the other weekly agitprop/massage parlor ads publication) wouldn't run this cartoon.

So to conclude, the impulse to sensor will destroy art.

Also, thanks to Dylan at Right of Center Ice for pluggin' my blog by putting it next to the giant PC logo. You done me a solid dude, here's your plug, or you could just check out my blogroll, you regular readers you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home