.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Thursday, June 22, 2006

As we here at ISMHWRSD begin to round into post #200, (this is #198, I believe) I thought I'd reflect on Paul Martin's Legacy vis a vis the Democratic Deficit:

How'd they Vote is a cool resource for the batting averages of members of parliament, when it comes to who showed up for what and who told their party to take what flying leap where. I like how the NDP's dissentingest member, Peter Stoffer, ranks 81st in dissentions in the last parliament with a whopping 4. (Bev Desjarlais had 9, one every 2 months, and she was drummed out of the party.) Oooh, bad boy Peter. Also the 16 orneriest MPs, the ones who were freest to tell their leader to take a flying leap were all Liberals. 44 of the top 50 mavericks were Grits too. But hey, it's not the Conservative Party's fault that their independent minded MPs all think alike. They do really feel that way, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home