.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's time for this Stupid Edmonton Calgary Hockey Rivalry to end:

And our even stupider 101 year general inter city rivalry to continue...

And the Eskimos lost to the Stamps this week to top everything off. This is uncharacteristic. Oh, where are the Calgary Cannons when our Edmontonian Morale needs them? Nevertheless I am a man of my word and I will be buying Dylan a hearty meal, which I am sure he will consume, whilst making great chortiling noises throughout,
and
copious boozes if they are of any nutritional value,
at Hallsy's favorite place to plug: Tony Romas. This is about as close as the PC's will have come to a convention in some time. Ah well, it was still quite a bit of fun, and to beat 28 teams is no mean feat... I just really wanted us to beat the 29th.

I should probably fume about his worship Stephen Killjoy and the martial law he seemingly ordered imposed upon Whyte Avenue. For fear of Heather Reisman's windows I was treated with the sight of one of my city's peace officers striking a bound woman to the ground on the front page of the Edmonton Journal. Mr. Mayor, that makes me more ashamed than fireworks and broken bus shelters ever could. To hear that police were arresting people on Whyte for not moving cements in my mind that the mayor doesn't have a conception of what a public place is.

The time for friendly shots at Calgary is over. We've got bigger fish to fry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home