.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ford on Iraq: 'I don't think I would have gone to war'

-2004 an embargoed interview (sadly the ex president was very good at keeping his mouth shut.)

I wish there were a barber open...

Gerald Ford died. The great constitutionalist has passed on. A truly good man, who kept a nation's sanity together for an additional twenty-seven years...

Poor, poor, America.

Nixon covered up a burglary that he never ordered and he gave 'the highest apology.'

Bush Jr. Started a war on false pretenses, bankrupted a national economy, prolonged a recession that Nixon precipitated, but wasn't responsible for, and brought to fruition the piecemeal dismantling of the consitiution that Clinton embarked upon. What an utter disaster that this is, and how horrible that there disappears from the landscape the last non-Bush Republican. At this time it hurts a little that Bush I could never manage to criticise his son. Something I don't think JFK and RFK would refrain from doing for each other. *sigh* "Living in America" just got harder, what with the "Long National Nightmare" and all...

I'll stop with the references now... "Wouldn't be Prudent."

... dammit.

Dammit.

1 Comments:

At 23 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want a non-Bush Republican, look up Chuck Hagel.

And thanks for taking the time to write that response. I'll be sure to link you on my site, though it probably won't do much =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home