.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Saturday, June 25, 2005

And elsewhere in the news: More good guys didn't even get the chance to lose.

Neo-conservative beats Theocrat: I dunno, I don't think it'll help, but then again at least the guy had worked for a living at some point. There might be something resembling common sense and a sorta f-off attitude.

Sean's quick capsule review:

Sham election produces crazy bastard president. Maybe.

Dale Swirsky with some venon for Stevo and the Western Aliens:

"I agree with Stephen Harper that we should have lower taxes than the U.S. because I envy the $8-trillion American debt, and fondly recall the record deficit Mike Harris left here in Ontario. I also supported sending Canadian troops to Iraq and joining U.S. missile defence because they are our friends. I oppose Kyoto because it does too little to protect our environment, and so we should do even less. A firewall around every province and sovereignty-association for all, I say. Oh, there are so many reasons why I want to vote Tory."

"But, hold on, they're mostly westerners. I'm voting Liberal."

It's the only way the Neo-cons can continue to dominate the party. If they can convince the party it needs an eastern right wing nut instead of a moderate from anytown Canada, then it can continue to run the party on the off chance Paul gets caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. All the far right wants is to run the party until the stars align then it can enter into an agreement that is so hard to break that the timid idjit who follows will try to govern around it.

Mike Constable Can't Draw

Seriously, the only reason he's still empolyed is his ability to combine virluent rhetoric with some semblance of graphic representation. This is what makes the recent controversy with Rabble so entertaining. They're so rarely good.

Exeption! Rick Salutin. This man could crap in a disk drive and it'd come out solid-gold-Canadiana. You hear me Rick, I am demonstrating hubris so that you don't have to.

And what's more the words Columnist Rick Salutin can be rearranged to say 'Kill scum incrustation.'

Ladies and Gentlemen: The well is dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home