.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Friday, October 21, 2005

And so my epic battle begins against the political boy genius that is Bob Bradley:

I already knew that Bob Bradley was a political operator of brillaince never before seen. He was a man so brilliant that when he saw that a campaign he was attatched to was going down in flames, he quietly arranged things so that he never existed, slipping into the shadows to make Paul Martin, Kevin Taft, Debbie Carlson, and Jung Suk Ryu, look like sheer political amateurs who had crafted a man out of thin air to be the scape goat for when the Jung Suk Bandwagon inevitably carried Doc Brown and Clara Clayton into the ravine, but in the end Mary Steinburgen still birthed Nixon and James Woods was bound for jail.

And why did Bob Bradley desert Jung Suk in his hour of glib? Could it possibly be political thoughts like:

"Andy Hladyshevsky is running as a candidate for the Liberal nomination in Edmonton-Strathcona. I have never met the guy, but my good friend Sheila McKay is a big supporter of him, so I think I will probably support him as well. It will be a tight race. George Hodgson (who was a big name during the last federal election) and Ellen Sheck (sp?) (a professor at the University of Alberta) are the other candidates running in the nomination race. I hate nominations, though. They split the party apart, and the losers of the nominations and their supporters just vanish once the nomination is done."

Ah yes, certainly someone who is unwilling to acknowledge the necessity of multiple interested candidates is unworthy for the support of B.B.

Or there's this delicious analysis that must have provoked Bradley's contempt:

"I like Stephen Harper as leader as the Conservative Party of Canada. As long as the media pokes fun at him, his staff leave him, and his Quebec supporters backstab him, the Liberal Party of Canada will have no problem winning a majority government in the next election."

Yes, if everybody hates Stephen, then he will lose. You just can't get more detailed analysis.

But surely Bob Bradley will blanch at this wonderful bit of anti-ericism (Hatred of the Irish):

"I am going to buy Peter Newman's book. What do Irish people drink? [my emphasis] Brian Mulroney should be thankful that there aren't people lined up to sue him for some of the blatant accusations that he has made. And what a way to burn your protege, Kim Campbell? Screwing around with her Russian boyfriend? My God."

Jung Suk Ryu has engaged in a viscious stereo-typing of my people [the drunken mick] and this cannot be allowed. Bob Bradley, I beseech you (assume/reassume) corporeal form and smite this huckster one and for all.

And finally thank you 94% of ward 5 voters for demolishing this man's exceptionally well funded campaign in 2001, you are owed a great debt of gratitude.


And now for the clincher:


And just for those of you that still believe that Bob Bradley, Jung Suk Ryu's campaign co-ordinator, actually exists I post the following knowing full well my cognisance of the libel laws in Canada:

The aforementioned Bob Bradley swallowed Chairman Meow alive and laughed hysterically until drinking barbicide and passing out on my front porch at 7:22 AM yesterday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home