.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I know I always talk politcs and things with some degree of relevance, but it's post # 100. No better time to go off topic:

You know how dumb I think the electorate is. You know the 'nobody represents me' whiner who wants aliens from the future to come down to earth and fix everyting for them as opposed to getting off their ass and running or at leat randomly screaming at passers by. Right up there with the all politicians are corrupt bullshit. I've flat out had it and so I'm going to submit you my loyal reader to a review of the only DVD I have that I have yet to watch:

A.I.

You maybe thinking that you don't deserve this kind of treatment, but oh, you do.

And after having watched it I can say only this: A.I. is the story of Paul Martin Junior. Someone fixated on a goal for his entire life only to enjoy but a twinkling of poisoned triumph.

The tale of the tape:

Haley Joel Osment / David vs. Paul Martin

Creepy too-loud Laugh? Check.

Parentage he can never quite live up to? Check.

Perception of emminent replacability? Check.

Buried under ice for 2000 years? No.

Having a team coalesce around him dedicated to his happiness? Check.

Anamatronic Teddy Bear? No.

Having to cut back on food? Check.

Elements of society plotting his destruction as a form of catharsis? Check.

Poisoned Triumph? Check.

So that's about it for today. No eastter egggs folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home