.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Why Paul Wells is Canada's foremost political blogger-columnist and I'm eating pizza for breakfast:

Alert reader Gord G notes that I haven't blogged for a bit. "Your silence is deafening," he writes.

ONE: He has alert readers. I am your first last best line of defence against drink and dial.

It's simple, Gord: I'm feeling a bit chicken. This week hasn't gone well at all for the Liberals, but I believe it's still wayyyy too early to assume they've lost it. I frankly don't know what happens next. (Also I'm working on my day job, which is not a blog.)

TWO: He hasn't jumped the gun.

But here's an ad I'd run this weekend, if I was a Grit and seriously worried I was about to lose big:
BLANK BLACK SCREEN
TYPE APPEARS ACROSS SCREEN AS DEEP, URGENT VOICE READS TEXT:
"Foreign Minister Stockwell Day"
SCREEN DARKENS; RELIGHTS ON LIBERAL LOGO; BRIGHT WOMAN'S VOICE READS:
"On January 23, Vote Liberal."

THREE: He puts the obvious things in print where they look devastating.

So that's it. Paul Wells: Super Genius. Me: I'd like to claim modesty, but that's kind of hard when I have a blog in which I expressly advertise my own opinions.

Until my next installment of "typically verbose and overly-ambitious prose," this is Sean Tisdall saying that from whatever fair corner of our grand planetary satellite you originate or reside perchannce thou wouldst ruminate for but a twinkling upon the question: Wherefore moi?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home