.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Do I think he believes his own BS most of the time? No. But he talks a damn good game:

The Conservative leader announces that he won't introduce the Liberal massive income tax cut plan. He will instead launch his own massive tax cut plan. So if you're a senior who already pays income tax on massive pension earnings with a child under the age of six that is taking public transit to hockey, you're all good.

The intelligence of this is that the Liberals now can't promise the moon and excorciate Harper for promising the moon and stars. Smart politics, and it makes the Conservative platform look almost responsible. It's not by a mile, but the optics are better. Still the entire conservative platform seems to be retroactive prosecution and tax credits, but hey, the average voter doesn't care about miscarriages of justice involving politicians as long as it hits the politicians too hard instead of not hard enough.

Guh, it's going to be a fun time fixing Canada's electoral laws.

Still, really, voting out of short-term self interest, I should be supporting the Liberals. However, I'm voting out of long term self interest and I want that debt paid the hell off so I'm voting for the Progressive Canadians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home