.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Monday, January 09, 2006

Now maybe I was a little too hasty regarding the PC platform.

I would remind people that these costs were in nominal terms and could be met if all other spending was kept constant and growth in govt. revenue was about 3.4% per year. don't believe me? add 1.034 to 1.034*1.034 to etc... for 5 years and multiply by 200 then subtract 1000. pretty close to 108.25 right?

So given that govt. revenues increase by an average of about 4% per year the platform is fairly conservative in estimates. Unlike the conservative platform which is fairly exhuberant with its promises. But, hey that's okay. Because, the Liberals are corrupt. At least that seemed to be Monte Solberg's reply, but then again that's what I got from the Edmonton Journal. You may want to form your own o-spin-ion.

Watch the debate 'tonite' as Paul Martin the lush from Lasalle-Emard takes on Stephen Harper the M.E. from Cal-gary. Heh? HEH!?

I'm gonna go have another beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home