.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I've always wanted to bet a political columnist a dinner. I hope he accepts:

This was kind of a spur of the moment thing based on Colby's writing off of Heward Grafftey. So I thought I'd bet him a big meal with booze no less.

This is what I sent him. I'll let you know if he accepts.

Colby:

I think you're wrong about Brome-Missiquoi. I've called for Grafftey to win, but that may be a might optimistic. However, I am dead certain that he will place as all the polls done only ask about the big five. So I will make you this offer:

Dinner, venue of the winner's choosing. Date and time of the loser's choosing, but before the 28th of February
Bill: To not exceed $200 for both parties including gratuity and alcohol
To be proferred: By myself, Sean Tisdall in the event that Heward Grafftey finishes worse than second place in the riding of Brome Missiquoi including ties

By yourself, Colby Cosh in the event of Heward Grafftey's finishing second or winning the riding of Brome Missiquoi.

Your option to excercise this wager is validated by an email to the return adress received before midnight tonight. My apologies for the short notice.

Thank you for your consideration,

Sean Tisdall

seanquixote.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home