.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

On strike breaking and the curse of Ted Lindsay:

I could have trained my guns on the Conservative budget, but really. I don't think I can level any sterner criticism than 2 Billion over 5 years to combat climate change. That and the original tax slashing monstrosity are the two stupidest decisions to come down from the feds this time around. I don't really have the will to discuss in minutae why there seems to not be an economist in this government, I'll just comfort myself in the knowledge that Edmonton is going to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

How happy was I? I could hear the cheering from Whyte Avenue from my house, which is a mile away. And any self respecting union man and or marxist (I'm a lot more of the former) should be happy that the club that broke the players union the first time and was instrumental in breaking it the last time around (let me know when those seat prices start falling guys) were humbled on May Day. Oilers of the world unite! you have nothing to lose but space on your ring finger!

Yeah, that's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home