.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Agnostifest, or, Friends don't let friends make up holidays that I'd celebrate given the chance:

So Steve wishes everyone a Merry Agnostifest.

Being more or less an agnostic which is to say apathetic about spiritualism and relatively amused/annoyed by religion at best/worst, I wanted to learn more. Wikipedia says that there is no entry for Agnostifest and that in fact Steve's Blog has the only entry.

So I guess he was being funny. Well you sure fooled me Steve. I thought that once again I had missed out on a great bit of hackcruft oh well. Anyway there should be an agnostifest even if the internet doesn't acknowledge that it exists or that if it exists that it must not much matter.

Some suggestions for Agnostifest:

1. Santa, Gifts, Tree, Menorrah, Turkey, and/or Ham? All acceptable. Let's keep the ridiculous traditions we were born with thank you.

2. Date for Gifts: January 1st. Boxing Week Specials.

3. Agnostifest activities include listening to George Carlin and legal venality.

4. Royalty Cheques for 0.01 CAD everytime the phrase is used to be given to the host of the Agnostifest family gathering. Pennies are also acceptible.

5. Ideally the host of Agnostifest Day is the host of the New Years eve party. Keep it small, well liqured and everybody's sleeping over.

6. Agnostifest dinner is preceeded at precicely 2PM by agnostifest brunch:

Cold Reheated pizza and Red Eyes (Beer + Clamato)

I have a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home