.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

This just in: Michael Jackson jury finds for Terry Evans in libel case.

Well Terry replied sure enough. Well, he threatened legal action. Well he didn't so much threaten legal action as say: "If someone says things about you online is that libel or slander?" To the crew on the radio. This, of course, is much like asking if hitting someone with a baseball bat is assault or assault with a deadly weapon is not so much uttering threats. Just to clarify in the above situation, it is assault with a deadly weapon as reported on Today's 'What the Hell is Going On.'

Just so you know this isn't libel, I am dealing in opinion and fact. Nothing I say is inaccurate and I am at pains to refer to Terry's on air persona. Much like referring to Andrew Dice Clay's stage character.

Terry replied to my open letter at 6:33:51 AM today:

I read a couple of sentences from Kerry's column...then encouraged the "common man" to send in the ballot if they so desired. You said it yourself...Kerry's column was full of innacurracies...etc. Call him! You left me an e-mail and/or phone message on friday afterI left the building. I didn't check my e-mail or phone messages over the weekend. I never do. There is no issue tobe resolved here, Sean. I made people aware of a method by which they could react if they thought gas taxes were unfair. Take a deep breath and carry on with your day. You have gotten yourself worked up into a virtual tizzie about this. I will stop believing the worst about our public officials when they start working with the interest in Canadians in mind, rather than acting like shitheads and children
Goodbye, Sean
Terry

So In reply I do write:

Dear Mr. Evans:

I appreciate your concern over the letter of the 25th. Regrettfully, we cannot comply with your requests as there are a few inaccuracies in your current letter of the 26th:

Firstly: You claim that you read a couple of sentences from Mr. Diotte's column. This much is true, what then proceeded to happen is that in response to these new revalations and failing to hinge your statements on the veracity of Mr. Diotte's writings you did refer to Mr. Paul Martin as being, "a liar." You then proceeded to rail about the GST on the excise tax on gasoline in far greater detail and verbosity than Mr. Diotte had promised to.

Secondly: You state: "I made people aware of a method by which they could react if they thought gas taxes were unfair." This much is true. However, you based your feeling of this unfairness on the fact that the Right Honourable Prime Minister did utter falsehoods about the issue of gasoline excise tax, specifically his pledge to eliminate the federal share. I, as a citizen of Canada listening to a program receiving it's licence from the Government of Canada, did call to demand a retraction of the above statements.

Thirdly: I did appreciate the clever play on my last name, please be assured that no one has been similarly inspired before. And if you believe that, I have some swampland in Florida that previously belonged to Pee Wee Herman that I'd like to sell you.

And lastly: In reference to your reply above, only, "shitheads and children," lie by ommission.

Once again I repeat my challenge. You have the text read it.

Hello Terry,

Sean 'tizzie' Tisdall

Enjoy the show kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home