.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Shaved My Head When Robert Stanfield Died

"...because Canadian politics is a baffling mystery that, when explained, still doesn't make sense, and has no bearing on anything." -Commenter on a Diefenbaker YTMND I made

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

... And the balance is restored.

I kept meaning to bring this up, but anyway, I talked to Kerry Diotte and he acknowledged that he couldn't at that time produce a first-hand source for his 'kiss my gas' columns. As far as I understood, and maybe I'd mis-interpreted the conversation, but the column was based on a Tor Sun column. Kerry was gracious and studious about it and after some minor prompting, he even remembered me from when I ran for council. I might not agree with Mr. Diotte, and he may write for the Sun readership (i.e. sixth grade level) , But he is a consumate gentleman and capable of some high level thought. He should be doing work for a classy right wing rag. Kerry, you are a reasonably responsible journalist and your response to my call was far more adult than say, all politicians are shitheads and children anyway so I see no reason to even dignify this goodb... Good for you. Sorry about that stuff I wrote about you earlier. Your column was off, but you aren't dishonest.

Which brings me to a casual discussion I had with my regular mountie contact (I'm protecting this source BTW). Saying over the public airwaves that if given the chance you would kill a child molester with your bare hands, in addition to being, in my opinion, classless jackassery, could, in his opinion, easily be grounds for incitement to violence, a far more serious crime in Canada than incitement to hatred. So K-97 morning DJ Terry Evans, if you're out there, and in fact you are because I've copied and e-mailed this to you, that whole thing where you declared your pedophile killin' wants and the morality thereof was uncalled for and can get you in trouble. And given that you have also said that you think that when the police arrest someone who has blatantly committed a crime of serious nature, that the police ought to use physical force as a punitive measure (not as a saftey measure, which is when force is used now) should you ever get brought up on similar charges... rememberthe maxim: All architects should live in the houses they design.

And do remember:

-Occasionally I do listen to your show. Bill and Steve are funny
-I am an attentive listener

You got a beef? You know where to find me. And we'll talk it out like gentlemen over coffee. Otherwise, this is just an elaboration on Gord Disley's 1st, 4th, and 6th commandments: If you don't know what you're talking about, (and don't want to know) Shut the F@(% up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home